|Status:||Active (26th century)|
An experimental prototype that was designed for deep space and tactical based assignments, the Prometheus was built at the Beta Antares shipyards and launched on stardate 50749.5 and at the time was the most innovative and fastest vessel in the fleet.
Around stardate 51462, the Prometheus was hijacked by a group of Romulans who wanted to return the ship to Romulus so that the Tal Shiar could learn the latest Starfleet tactical secrets. Using the vessel's multi-vector assault mode the Prometheus was able to overcome the pursuing Nebula-class USS Bonchune and the hijack appeared to have been successful.
Fortunately, the Doctor from the USS Voyager had been transmitted to the Prometheus via a relay network from the Delta Quadrant. With help from the Prometheus's Emergency Medical Hologram, they were able to slow down the Romulans by venting a knock-out gas into the ship's life support systems, and hold off a Romulan assault, destroying a warbird until a relief force of Federation starships arrived.
In 2377, the Prometheus was part of the fleet that destroyed Sphere 634 and welcomed Voyager back home.
In 2381, during the Borg invasion, the Prometheus was part of a forty ship fleet defending Vulcan from the Borg. In the battle, it was one of the four surviving ships including the USS Exeter, USS Atlas, USS Intrepid-A and USS Kearsarge. It promptly destroyed the Borg over Vulcan with the other surviving ships.
Following the invasion, the Prometheus reported to Starbase 22, where the station's counselor, Brian Ellis, counselled the Prometheus medical staff.
- The reason for the differing registry numbers (59650 and 74913) was that Foundation Imaging FX artists did not receive Mike Okuda's memo directing them to use NX-74913 (which itself appears on all shipboard computer displays and the dedication plaque). In-universe, the Prometheus actually was rechristened NX-74913, according to issue 152 of the Star Trek Communicator.
- The Prometheus will 'star' in licensed German publisher Crosscult's first original series of novels, debuting in 2016, entitled Star Trek: Prometheus.
- commanding officer:
- executive/tactical officer:
- Commander Roaas (Caitian male)
- second/operations manager:
- Lieutenant Commander Sarita Carson (Human female, African of European descent)
- security chief:
- Lieutenant Commander Lenissa zh'Thiin (Andorian zhen)
- chief engineer:
- Lieutenant Commander Jenna Winona Kirk (Human female)
- senior science officer:
- Lieutenant Commander Mendon (Benzite male)
- Lieutenant Jassat ak Namur (Renoa male)
- technician (engineering bridge officer):
- Lieutenant Chell
- communications officer:
- Ensign Paul Winter (Human male, German of Sudanese descent)
- chief medical officer:
- Doctor Geron Barai
- Moba (Bolian male)